Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Play house project

For two years Madelyn has been bugging us to buy her a playhouse. Every time we go to a store with play houses she has to go see them and try to convince us that she needs one. But they are so expensive and we couldn't possibly ever afford it
Well one night I was surfing the internet looking for things to do with pallets (since JD has a lot of them at work) and I came across this website
where the guy built a shed out of pallets and I thought that we could probably make a playhouse out of pallets too. So yesterday we started on the pallet playhouse.
It is not built completely out of pallets. JD wanted it to have a sturdy base so we used 2x4's and wafer for the floor and posts to support the roof when we get there.

We ended up taking apart all the pallets and using the wood off of them for the walls. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to remove all the nails and disassemble the pallet. It didn't take very long to screw the pallet boards up to form the walls and the kids were so excited and willing to help with this part of the project. Hiett handed me the boards and I put it in place and then Madelyn handed JD the screws and he screwed the boards to the 2x4's.

There will be more posts to come as we finish more on the playhouse.

3 comments:

  1. so fun for the kids... I want one for Kaylin... I think she would LOVE it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea you had. I'm sure the kids will love playing in it.

    ReplyDelete