Thursday, September 3, 2009

Madelyn's First Trip to the Dentist

Today, Madelyn had her very first dentist appointment. She was very nervous and unsure about what was going to happen. Last night, I got out my dental assisting textbook and showed her the instruments and told her everything that they were going to do. I guess that is one of the perks of being a dental assistant for a couple years. The only problem is that I stayed home while JD took Madelyn because he had an appointment at the same time. So now you get to listen to him.
Madelyn was pretty excited to go to the dentist especially when we got there she just kept talking about the whole thing. I went first so that she could see how it was going to be and once the Dental Hygienist had her hands in my mouth she proceeded to give the history of our family to the best of her 4 year old memory needless to say she had everyone at the Dentist office just about rolling on the ground laughing and there I am helpless to even try to defend myself because the Hygienist was laughing so much that she did not even give me a chance to get a word in.

After I was done it was Madelyn's turn and for the first time since we got there she had to be quiet although she was sure trying to keep talking but she found out it is hard with hands in your mouth. She did really well and had a good check up, no cavities yeah!(which means no more money to give away).

3 comments:

  1. GOOD JOB MADELYN!!!! I am so proud of you for being such a big girl! and good job J for being such a good boy lol!! and yay for no cavities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Keep on brushing those teeth Boom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that she did so good at the dentist. Good thing she doesn't have any cavities.

    ReplyDelete