Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House



Today we went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house. It was so much fun to take the kids and spend the day with them. Mom and Emily came with me because JD had to work. I could not have done it with out them. (Thank you guys) I love going to the temple. I love the spirit I feel when I am there. I love how it makes me want to become a better wife and mother. I am grateful for the opportunity to go and to enjoy the beauty of the House of the Lord. I marvel at how much time and care goes into the temple. I am grateful that I live in a time and place that the temple is so accessible. I am grateful for my testimony of the temple that I know that my family is sealed to me forever.

Madelyn was so excited to go. She asked me if she got to go in as far as mom and dad do. (She has only been in the lobby of the Manti temple when we go). She loved the mirrors in the sealing room. The texture of the carpet in the celestial room she had to bend down and feel. She also loved the chandiliers or "sparkley lights". She would every so often break out in to singing "I love to see the Temple" it was so cute. It was great to take her there so she could see and feel it for herself and start a testimony of the temple.

Hiett was nervous excited. He wanted to go in as soon as we got there but as we got closer to the doors he got a little nervous. Thank goodness Mom was there to talk and comfort him. After the nervousness we went to the Baptistry and he liked to see the oxen and the water. He was probably one of the few who loved the stairs. He loved everytime that he had to go up or down. He liked the murals in one of the ordinance rooms. It had deer and a rabbit and a fox painted in it.

Caleb was such a good baby considering how tired he was. (No nap before the open house) He was so quiet and just looking around.

When we got outside and went to take pictures of us at the temple Madelyn and Hiett discovered the fountain and it was all over from there. They were in the fountain constantly. We had to keep getting them and dragging them over to where I wanted the picture. But oh well they had fun and I did get some pictures too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you took the kids and went. Good thing Em and your Mom was there to help out. It's always fun to see how kids react to the temples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I could have gone too... I would have loved to hear Madelyn sing and to see her touch the floor to feel it! Glad you had a good time and that the kids were good!

    ReplyDelete